Effective Decision Making
March 25 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm$330
Just what is relevant to making a decision as a council planner or reviewing an application as a referral authority?
What is a valid consideration in your assessment? This half-day program simplifies the architecture of the Victoria Planning Provisions to provide statutory planners with the toolkit to demonstrate confidence in assessing planning permit applications.
The program will consider:
- The parameters for making planning decisions.
- Understanding decision guidelines.
- When and how to exercise discretion.
- Techniques for producing desired outcomes in decisionmaking.
- What matters might be invalid to planning considerations.
- Drafting effective conditions and refusal grounds.
- Understand the administrative law principles as they relate to decision making.
- Learn how to balance competing objectives in favour of net community benefit.
- Know what is within the ambit of discretion when making a decision.
- Apply the principles to challenging case studies
- Matthew Gilbertson, Senior Associate, Glossop Town Planning
- John Rantino, Partner, Maddocks
Morning Tea will be provided.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE ONE WEEK PRIOR AND SPOTS ARE LIMITED.
REQUEST AN INVOICE AT CHECKOUT TO SECURE YOUR PLACE AND PAY LATER.