- This event has passed.
Effective Decision Making – WEBINAR
March 25 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm$330
IMPORTANT NOTE: In response to the current COVID-19 crisis, this program will now be delivered in webinar format. Registrants will be contacted with a link to enter the webinar and further information in the lead up to the webinar. Click here for more information regarding changes to our 2020 Core Calendar in response to COVID-19.
Just what is relevant to making a decision as a council planner or reviewing an application as a referral authority?
What is a valid consideration in your assessment? This half-day program simplifies the architecture of the Victoria Planning Provisions to provide statutory planners with the toolkit to demonstrate confidence in assessing planning permit applications.
The program will consider:
- The parameters for making planning decisions.
- Understanding decision guidelines.
- When and how to exercise discretion.
- Techniques for producing desired outcomes in decisionmaking.
- What matters might be invalid to planning considerations.
- Drafting effective conditions and refusal grounds.
- Understand the administrative law principles as they relate to decision making.
- Learn how to balance competing objectives in favour of net community benefit.
- Know what is within the ambit of discretion when making a decision.
- Apply the principles to challenging case studies
- Matthew Gilbertson, Senior Associate, Glossop Town Planning
- John Rantino, Partner, Maddocks
Morning Tea will be provided.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE ONE WEEK PRIOR AND SPOTS ARE LIMITED.
REQUEST AN INVOICE AT CHECKOUT TO SECURE YOUR PLACE AND PAY LATER.