- This event has passed.
Throwing Shade: advanced shadow assessment
March 11 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$600
You may have already mastered drawing shadows with a simple template, but there’s more to it than that!
Understanding overshadowing in the context of the built environment is an essential element of every town planners’ skill set.
The course will provide attendees with an in-depth explanation of the more complex elements of how overshadowing is represented on plans and the impacts of overshadowing on built outcomes.
It will be a hands-on learning experience where participants will work on advancing their professional skills in an interactive setting.
The course aims to give participants practical, real-world examples of overshadowing scenarios in a variety of settings and matters that planning professionals need to be aware of when assessing a development.
It is essential for anyone who needs to either brief or cross examine an expert on private and public realm shadowing and those who assess complex development applications.
- Understand shadows in the context of the real world and how they impact strategic and statutory planning outcomes
- Apply existing and new knowledge of quantitative and qualitative shadow amenity impacts
- Analyse shadow impacts using increasing levels of detail, complexity and sophistication
- Evaluate the shadows impact and develop knowledge and skills in the assessment process.
This is an advanced program suitable for Planners, Architects, Urban Designers, Lawyers, Barristers and related professionals with 3 + years experience or those with a good handle on the basics of overshadowing.
- Chris Goss, Founding Director, ORBIT SOLUTIONS
- John Glossop, Director, ADDO & Glossop Town Planning
Morning Tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE ONE WEEK PRIOR AND SPOTS ARE LIMITED.
REQUEST AN INVOICE AT CHECKOUT TO SECURE YOUR PLACE AND PAY LATER.