Heritage Assessment for built environment professionals
November 11, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm$300
Understanding heritage protection and conservation is key for all planners and built environment professionals. This half day session will give you fantastic insight into heritage legislation, protection and conservation and an understanding of how to identify potential heritage issues in your next project.
This session will incorporate case studies and hands-on exercises to ensure you leave with knowledge you can directly apply to your work!
- Know various levels of heritage protection and legislation in Australia.
- Learn the major objectives of heritage legislation in Australia.
- Gain insight into the key concepts that underpin heritage conservation.
- Understand the various levels and types of significance, and how this influences the extent of change that might be permissible.
- Identify potential heritage issues when assessing planning applications.
Built environment professionals who work with Heritage including local government planners, consultant planners, developers, planning lawyers, building designers, urban designers and more.
Carolynne Baker, Heritage Consultant, Bryce Raworth Conservation & Heritage