Traffic and Parking Assessments (Planet)
Traffic and parking can seem like a different language. This interactive course 'decodes' the jargon, explains the concepts and provides you with real skills. On completion of the course you will feel confident in discussing concepts with consultants, traffic engineers and the community.
The course covers the essentials needed to analyse applications that involve traffic or parking considerations including the calculation of parking demand, how to read parking ratios, measuring the compliance of car parking dimensions and parking credits. The course also includes the role of traffic engineers and the application of parking surveys and analysis.
Who should attend?
Essential for planners currently working in statutory planning and assessing car parking and traffic. Also relevant to VicRoads staff, engineers, architects and building designers.
Issues covered include:
- understand the parking provisions at clause 52.06 of the planning scheme, and when a permit is
needed to waive or reduce car parking
- identify how a SIDRA model and other predictive models work and their role in development
- use turning templates to understand whether access for cars and trucks 'works' or not
- car stackers: what do you need to know about them; how do they work; how much space do they
- understand Clause 55 parking provisions of and the traffic and road design provisions of Clause 56
- interpret the relevance of the Australian Standards.
14 / 6 / 2018
9.30am - 5.00pm
To register for this event, please contact PIA directly at
Please note that PIA Members receive a 30% discount.
John Glossop, Director, Glossop Town Planning together with a senior traffic engineer from GTA Consultants.
PIA Victorian Office
Level 3, 124 Exhibition Street, Melbourne