Town planning for traffic engineers
This course is designed for traffic engineers who work in the town planning sector. It is suitable for those working in both the public and the private sectors. The purpose of the course is to provide an explanation of the elements of the town planning system that are relevant to your role.
It is not a traffic engineering course!
Who should attend?
Traffic engineers in local government, referral authorities and private traffic engineering consultancies.
Issues covered include:
- What does the planning scheme say about traffic engineering?
- What is a zone and an overlay?
- The top ten things you need to know about the planning scheme.
- What is the difference between land use and development?
- What is the difference between a planning permit and a planning scheme amendment?
- What are existing use rights?
- How do you calculate car parking and bicycle parking rates?
- What is VCAT and how can you participate in that process?
You may also be interested in:
Talk to ADDO about a course we can design for you
9am to 1pm.
- Morning tea included
- Course work manual provided
John Glossop, Director, Glossop Town Planning
Maddocks Lawyers Offices
140 William Street
31 / 12 / 2018